Volunteer Now! ·
Sign In ·
For the first year of operation, which will end January 17, 2006, we have the following specific goals:
- 1,000 photograph requests
- 365 photograph assignments completed
- 2,000 photographs in the Gallery
- 50 volunteers who have filled at least one request
- 20 volunteers who have filled at least three requests
- Active volunteers in at least five countries
- 500,000 page views, including the Gallery, and not including robots
Status as of January 30, 2005:
- 27 photograph requests - on track for 758 requests
- 5 assignments completed - on track for 140 completed
- 64 photographs in the Gallery - on track for 1796 photographs
- 1 volunteer with at least one request - on track for 28 photographers
- 1 volunteer with at least three requests - on track for 28 photographers
- Active volunteers in 1 country - on track for 28 countries
- 1927 page views - on track for 54,104 page views
Also, some important objectives for the site in general:
- Openness. One of the main goals of the site is to increase the amount of visual media on the Internet that is not incumbered by copyrights.
- Responsiveness. We want to serve visitors to the site in appropriate ways as much as possible and our goal is to react in changes to patterns quickly and thoughtful. For example, if multiple photographers express the desire to support paid requests and assignments, we will work to build in the functionality.
- Accessibility. Searching for a photograph or topic should be simple, and we should attempt to categorize our growing catalogue of media in a clear way.
- Democracy. Use automated user feedback and popularity to properly sort and categorize. Allow volunteers to drive the site in the direction they want.
- No advertisements. If operational costs ever skyrocket, we will attempt to support the site with donations as much as possible.
- No spam. The email addresses of requesters and volunteers should always be carefully guarded. If ever a mailing list exists, the form default will be to not subscribe to that list.
- No profit. I will not profit from the operation of this site (however, photographers may profit from the photographs they take.) This is a community venture, and any money taken in by the collective community should go back into the community.
Copyright 2005 - PhotoRogue.com, Cody Smith